Final Migration Instructions
During the next few days, upon attempting to login either through your current desktop e-mail client (using POP3 or IMAP) or through the webmail interface, your login credentials will stop working and you'll receive an "Invalid username or password" error.
Upon receiving this error, the steps you'll need to take are:
If you have access to the site's Admin Console (ie. you're an Admin user with email enabled):
- Login in site Admin with the user account for which you wish to perform a password change
- Go Home -> My Details -> Change Password form
- Enter old password and new password twice, and save the changes
This will result in the password being changed for both Admin and email access.
Changing your password via the Webmail login interface (ie.you're an "email only" user)
- Go to Webmail as per usual (eg: mail.mydomain.com)
- At the login screen you'll see a message that requests you perform a password update: "For security reasons, you will need to reset your password. Please go here to change your password."
- Clicking on Change password link will load a form where you can update your password.
- Enter your e-mail address, old password and new password twice, then save the changes
Once you have updated your password, you'll be able to login to the webmail interface, or through your desktop email client using the new password.
Please Note: Upon logging in with your new password, you will not see your old e-mail in the web interface or via IMAP, as we will be migrating e-mail to the new service following password upgrade. This means that your e-mail inbox and folders will look empty. Please wait a few days until the migration is complete for the older emails to appear.Thank you very much for working with us through this process,
Owner, Design Intervention Studio